Thursday, April 8, 2010

Anabela Amigurumi Doll

My grandniece's birthday was March 15th. I am very behind in my gift making, but got this doll finished after I recovered from a week in bed from food poisoning. Put her in the mail on Tuesday, and she should be delivered to her new mommy today. Waited until today to post this, as I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I call this my "Anabela Doll" named after my precious grandniece. The pattern is a basic Amigurumi Doll pattern by Beth Webber. The dress I made freehand, no pattern. The flower covers and inperfection in my crochet skills, and the wig was also free hand. Shoes were made because my mother thought she needed them. I used the doll pattern foot, and just stopped when it looked like a shoe. Strap is hand woven with yarn and a needle. My sis-in-law gave me a box of safety eyes, thinking I would find a use for them. Thanks to her I can make as many animals/dolls for a while. These are hard to find eyes, and noses.




3 comments:

  1. Kathi, she is adorable :-) I'm sure your Grand-niece will love her. Great hair, great shoes, and lovely dress.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very cute! im starting to make these amigurumi dolls and they are adorable much like this one that you made :)

    ReplyDelete