Monday, December 14, 2009

Snickerdoodle recipe circa 1945

Snickerdoodles

Recipe of Lucy Mae Pedigo
A favorite of the Frye/Pedigo Family

2 cups shortening
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
4 cups flour
4 teaspoons cream of tartar (do not substitute)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Cream the shortening, sugar, and eggs.
Stir the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt together.
Combine all both mixtures.
Roll into balls, then roll around in a cinnamon/sugar mix.
If using a small cookie dough scoop, half that ball and roll in sugar.

Bake on ungreased sheets at 375° 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
They will flatten a bit when cool. If you accidently burn any, yum. Those taste good too!!!
Make your cinnamon/sugar mix according to your taste. I put plenty.



This is my nephew in CA. He called for my recipe, so my price is the use of this photo. I needed a photo of the cookies, plus I wanted to show off the beautiful Texas apron I gave him.
Hey, isn't there a cookie missing off the sheet??

No comments:

Post a Comment