Saturday, December 12, 2009

Two Inventions


Instead of buying ergonomic crochet hooks, I make my own. I wrap the middle with double-sided tape (for cushion) and then wrap it up tight with white florist tape. VoilĂ 







I invented a needle threader today. I kept breaking standard needle threaders trying to thread yarn onto a darning needle. After a trip to Michaels, where I didn’t find anything stronger, I came home invented. I took a plastic lid out of our recycling bag and cut it into a narrow strip and used my hole puncher to make a hole on one end. Works perfectly!!
LION BRAND YARN was so impressed with response of my invention, that they put it on their website.
Just experiment with different lids to find one thin enough to pass thru the eye-of-the-needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment